Receive a 25% discount with a Hinkley Swim Pond Beach Family Membership upon checkout. Must register and have a membership first!
Registrations will not be accepted at the pond.
- Swim lessons are available for Level 1 (Pre-K age) to Level 3.
- 30-minute swim lessons are available for all levels at 11:00am and 11:45am.
- Trained Water Safety Instructors (WSI) place your child into the appropriate level on Monday.
- Lessons are Monday-Thursday each week. Friday will be reserved as a makeup day in case of a weather cancellation during the week.
Level I: Water Exploration (Shallow water lesson on the beach)
* Fully submerge face in water
* Front and back float with support
* Kicking on front and back with support
* Enter and exit the water independently
Level II: Primary Skills (Shallow water lesson on beach)
* Float on front and back un supported for 5 seconds
* Swim on front 5 yards without assistance
* Swim on back 5 yards without assistance
* Retrieve objects under water chest deep
Level III: Stroke Readiness (Deep water lesson in swim team area)
* Swim the front crawl for 10 yards
* Swim the back crawl for 10 yards
* Jump into deep water
* Bobs in water over the child's head
Level IV and up are invited to participate on the Medfield Marlins swim team
(Note: Swim level information is from the American Red Cross.)